Well it’s a new year. I am so ready for this. I plan for so many things this year ahead. I always say that you shouldn’t wait until the new year to do things but I see things differently now. Resolutions are not waiting for a change its just a great place to start and a time to make you re assess your life and goals. It a great time to say hey where am I now and assess how far you have come. Sometimes in this busy life we keep going with everyday life and we don’t look around us. So that’s what I’m taking for this year. I even set goals this year. Each are very important and I want to do all. I want to make these commitments to myself because I feel it is so important to always better yourself and know who you are and honestly since I’ve lost my weight I’ve had to get to know this new person and I’m still trying to understand her and how the old fits in as well. So here are my goals, clearly explained as well.
1. I want to be closer to God- I don’t really talk about my faith on here and I don’t necessarily plan to make it the main topic but I plan to have God apart of my life. I really want to work on my relationship with God. We have had a rocky past with me turning my back on Him but I don’t want that anymore. I see that he loves us and is there for us even when we cannot see it. I want to read from the bible everyday and talk to Him. He has helped me so much and sees what’s important in life. I am grateful for Him accepting me back and I look forward to being with Him more.
2. Better in Karate- I don’t want to many health goals but I have some that better me and karate is one of them. I have been doing Kickboxing since May and I was asked to join karate in January and January is here so I am starting. I feel like I’ve found something I’m good at and I want to Practice this and get better at it. It is a great hobby to have and I’m happy to bag found this outlet. Also I love finding a workout that I enjoy. It is so much better then being on a elliptical for an hour bored too tears. I will be doing Kickboxing Monday and Wednesday and Karate Tuesday and Saturday (and Thursday if I don’t have school) so I will only have to do boring cardio 1-2 days a week. I say a win for me!
3. Increase Overall fitness to become stronger- I want to get stronger and better in fitness and improve my body and that does not necessarily mean weight related. It means making sure my body is happy and healthy and if I could get more muscles in the process then awesome! But it is no longer going to be an obsession. Also I think Karate will aid in this.
4. Go gluten free and eat cleanly- I want to try and go gluten free. I know it’s not crazy bad for you but it is also not great for you and I think it will help with some stomach issues I have. After seeing other doctors I will find out if this is a actual issue I have or my body just response better without it. Also by eating clean I mean I want to stay away from allergy food such as diary and eggs. Although I like foods with that my body does not and I want to only have foods that make me feel good.
5. Stop stressing over everything- I stress way to much and I need to relax. I need to clam down. It’s not good for my health. I stress over everything including food, fitness, school, work, what others think of me and honestly it is my worth it. I need to relax and stay on this ride of life good or bad and take it for what it is.
6. Keep journaling everyday- I need to do this for at least 15 min everyday. If that’s all I can do great and put down some feelings I have. It will help to write things down. If I can write more great but I think journaling will help with the stress issue. I know I always feel better. It is a great way to let things out without talking to people because I don’t have the easiest time talking to people. So far I have done this every night except Friday night because I came home way to late and I chose sleep.
7. Sort out health issues- I need to make sure I book appointments with doctors that I need to see and trust them and do what is necessary to finally get healthy. Because regardless of everything else no period (sorry any guys reading) for almost two years is not ok and something needs to be done.
8. Try and do yoga everyday but don’t stress if cant- I want to try and do yoga daily but sometimes it doesn’t fit in and if I try then I stress which takes away from the whole point of yoga. So I plan to try and fit in in daily if i can. I didn’t fit it in at all yet so I am on to a great start right? It’s ok though because there are many other opportunities to do Yoga. There is 365 days in the year. I know Yoga helps with stress on the body so I would like to add it to my routine.
9. Sleep- I want to be better at getting sleep. Many times I don’t sleep enough and I need to try. I need to commit myself to 7 ½ hours. I would like 8 but I am realistic and know that I won’t do that so I have to do as much as I can. Because I will stress about getting sleep then not be able to sleep so I am determined to do what I can. Do you see a pattern about the stress? Yea I should just change my name form Ashley to stress.
10. Get off to law school in a good start- this is self explanatory. I will start law school fall 2013 so I want to start law school strong to stay on track the rest of the time.
11. Tear down idols and reflect on how they become idols- I need to see what is taking center stage and if its not important then tear it down with proper action. I know healthy living is so I just need to plan an attack to tear it down. I know it won’t be easy but anything worth fighting for is not easy. I will right more on this I have a plan of action. For healthy living I plan to delete more and more blogs that make me want to focus more on it and instead find other outlets to read so I don’t venture back to them.
12. Most importantly I want to be present in everyday and participate in daily life. I want to participate and enjoy the moments and don’t let life go by. I want to participate instead of hiding behind my phone or camera taking picture. Instead I want to be In the pictures and that is going to happen. I want to enjoy the little moments, the moments joking with friends while we back cookies and not care about the world because we are having such an amazing time.
Those are my goals for this Amazing Year to Come. Please share some of yours.
Until Next Time-Ashley