25 days of Christmas
How is everyone today? School is FINALLY starting to calm down and I only had one moment where I wanted to pull my hair out. I say that a win! Anyway I have been in need for some major fun so I made sure I’ve had some. I’ve listened to lots of Christmas music and watched Disney’s A Christmas Carol with my brother and sisters. Two Saturday’s back I went into Manhattan and we went to see Macy’s and take a sneak peak at Santa. They have a separate line for people who just want to look, instead of making everyone wait in the long line with the kiddies. So after Macy’s we had dinner, then went to the NBC Experience Store to browse around then we saw The Tree. It was so pretty. We had to take pictures quickly because it started to rain Oh well. At least we got to see it. I always say I am so lucky to live in NYC and that I get to see it every year. After that we walked back to our car in the rain which was one East 30th and Lex. Needless to say we got very wet haha but it was ok. The Starbucks we past on the way back to our car made up for it. I love those skinny soy peppermint Mocha’s.
Anyway so I was reading through Chelsey’s blog and saw this post and thought it would be so fun to participate, and like I said. Thanks Jenny for this great idea. Since I am little behind I will do all the questions now because I know myself and blogging everyday is not something I can do lol.
1. Your Favorite Christmas Movie - It’s no question my favorite movie is Miracle on 34th Street! I think I have talked about that enough on the blog here and if I haven’t then just ask my brother and sister I think they will kill me if I keep going lol.
2. Your 2012 Christmas Wish list- I tried to keep it simple. The problem I always have is that if I want something I buy it myself so I don’t really wait. This year I tried though. I think I came up with a pretty good list. Now I don’t expect everything on this list but I thought I would put some options so it was easy to find. I have a habit of asking for hard to find items.
-$150 dollars (I want a Forerunner since it can be used for running and biking but I don’t want to ask for my parents to get that for me so I thought I would ask for just have the money, needless to say my parents thought it was a strange request).
-Garmin Foot Pod for Forerunner 305
-Garmin Forerunner Bicycle Mount Kit
-Garmin GSC 10 Speed/Cadence Bike Sensor
-Tao Boe tape (in case I am ever snowed in this winter)
-I Love Lucy coffee mug
-I love Lucy Scrapbook
-workout clothes, mainly t-shirts
-sweat pants to hang out in
-American Rag skinny curvy black jeans
-American Rag blue jeans
-smart touch gloves with grip.
3. When/how did you learn that Santa wasn’t real?
I think I was around 10 or 11. I can’t remember exactly but I was a little skeptical, and friends were talking and I knew my parents left price tags on stuff so it all came together. My brother tried to keep us believing since naturally I went to my older brother to find out first.
4. Favorite Christmas song – thats a tough one. I love Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer because that is my song and I will probably always love it. I also love River because thats my dad and I’s song so it holds a special place in my heart.
5. Best gift you’ve ever received –wow thats another hard one. Honestly I don’t know. I have gotten some great gifts but I don’t know whats the best. Usually if there is meaning behind the gift then I am happy but there is nothing that sticks out in my mind.
6. Your favorite Christmas tree ornament – Honestly I like the ones that we made for my parents when we were kids. I just love the memory behind them and I love that she puts them up every year on our tree even though I am now 22 years old. I also love the other ones we have but they just don’t bring back the same memories.
7. Most Memorable Christmas – Well I am hoping that it is this Christmas but as of right now last Christmas. I figure every year I get to spend with my family is great and the time leading up to that is just as great. Last year we spent a lot of time with friends and family during the holiday and it turns out great.
8. Post of Picture of Christmas Decor-
9. Easiest person to buy for- I don’t think anyone is easy but I guess my brother. Most of the time he likes movies or money so its pretty easy. Last year I got Rent tickets so I will see what this year is. I would like to get Broadway tickets for everyone but we shall see.
10. Favorite Holiday Scent- Apple Pie. It smells so great and the house always smells good when apple pie scent is in the air. It makes it feel like holidays. Peppermint is a close second.
11. Favorite Christmas Tradition- wow I have so many but one that I really love is going to my aunts house for Christmas eve, everyone talking then coming home late and watching It’s A wonderful Life. I fight to stay awake some years but it is worth it. There is just something about watching that movie on Christmas eve. It helps reminds me that Family is all you need on Christmas.
12. Wrapping Paper or Gift Bags- Wrapping paper all the way. I love wrapping gifts, I know strange but wrapping feels more personal. Also I stink at getting the tissue paper to look pretty in the bag.
13. Favorite Christmas book- The night before Christmas. Ever since I was a little Kid my mom read that too me and I would get so Excited. I still read it Christmas Eve, it’s short enough lol
14. Real or Fake Tree- Real all the way! I will never have a fake tree unless there are no more trees.
15. The best gift you have given- I think that is going to be this year when I give my mom her gift. I got her a weekend getaway at a vineyard. She is going to flip when she gets it
16. Hardest Person to buy for- My brother. I never know what to get him. Its very hard. I wind up giving him money.
17. Post a Picture of an old Christmas Card- Sadly I do not have any around. If i do my mother has put them in our storage garage.
18. When do you open Gifts?- Christmas Morning. We give each other their gifts, then the ones from “Santa” and then stockings. Then Breakfast haha.
19. Favorite Stocking Stuffer- Socks. My mom always puts socks in there and they are awesome. Its always fun pairs, not plain White ones.
20. Favorite Christmas meal- um does desert count? I love the different deserts. I am making some deserts this year so i could have them but I will probably have a bite or two of some other deserts. Not enough to kill my stomach. I don’t really have a favorite Christmas meal really. I love my mom’s rice balls but I don’t eat them anymore since I found out I have a found allergy to dairy and eggs and I can only handle a little so I save it for trying some deserts. Proprieties people lol
21. Do you Travel for the Holidays?- I go to my aunts house for Christmas Eve who is about 10 minutes away from me, otherwise that’s the only travel I do lol.
22. Eggnog or Hot Chocolate?- I love traditional eggnog but obviously I can no longer have that and I am not a fan or Vegan Eggnog’s so Hot chocolate by default.
23. Your Plans for Christmas 2012- I am just going to have a nice relaxing Christmas enjoying my family.
24. Favorite Christmas Eve Tradition- See number 11.
Well there it is. Please share some of your answers
Until Next time-Ashley