How is everyone doing? I know I have been absent for a little while. Honestly I have felt a little uninspired to write and thought why force it. But today that changed. As many of you know two weeks ago was the Grammy Awards. Well I got to go!! My brother won two tickets, including hotel to the Grammy’s. So we decided to have a mini vacation and go for it. I still cannot believe he won them. So as many of you know today is WIAW and I thought instead of normal pictures I would show you what I ate while I was in my new favorite place and future home after law school (yes loved it so much) aka Los Angeles and I will do a Grammy Weekend recap post this weekend. Thank Jenn for hosting this wonderful day.
From top- left to right
1.Had Breakfast in the hotel the second day we got to LA. It was oatmeal, nothing fancy and it was ok. It tasted a little blah. I know oatmeal itself doesn’t have much taste but this was like extra blah. I did put 1 tbs of hazelnut butter in there so it gave it some flavor. I did get a few strange looks having my own nut butter jar but I don’t gave. I’ll never see these people again lol.
2. I also had some fruit with breakfast. The fruit was amazing. It was so fresh. Nothing tasted better.
3. Mimosa. It was brunch time so I figured a little brunch drink was in order. We went to the Farms of Beverly Hills. Loved this place. Everything was so good and it great price.
4. I also had coffee with my brunch and I took a picture because I have never been given hot coffee in a glass before. I thought it was odd.
5. The meal I had for brunch. I had oatmeal. Being allergic to eggs does not give you much options for breakfast. Its a good thing I love my oatmeal. This oatmeal tasted much better. It was not soggy at all.
6. The fruit I had for brunch. Another fresh batch. It tasted so much better then the fruit we get here in NY.
7. I was very hungry at brunch considering I was up for about 3 hours (I got my hair and makeup done) and I knew I wasn’t going to have lunch because of the Grammy’s so I thought a nice big meal was in order. This is actually turkey sausage. It was ok and I would not order it again. It had a strange taste. I think it was sage.
8. The last breakfast we had in LA . I had oatmeal and fruit. I love the size they give you. Perfect amount. This was the best yet. It was a perfect combination of creamy and thickness. I also had a side of fruit that I did not take a picture of and I put in 1tbs of hazelnut butter. Also my brothers eggs came with bacon so I enjoyed that too since he doesn’t eat that.
1. a side salad. When we got to LA we were hungry so we went to find something to have. We wound up going to this cafe in a school. I forgot to write the name down but it was a performing arts school in downtown LA that was open to the public for lunch. They had so many things but I was in the mood for a salad and sushi.
2. The sushi I mentioned in the above captioned. I also had a side of fruit I did not take a picture of. I liked this sushi. It was my first time having brown rice sushi and I really liked it. Too bad it is not as widely available.
3. After a Hollywood tour we were hungry so we wanted to get In & Out. we have heard so many things about this place so we had to try it. I got the protein burger which is minus the bun. We also split a small fry and each had a milkshake. I only had half because I know sometimes diary bothers me but I am realizing I can have it sometimes, just not all day everyday. The verdict on the burger was that it was ok. I do not get what everyone was talking about. Maybe my expectations were to high. As for the fries they were typical. The shakes were really good. It was like a mix between a shake and a frosty. I really liked it. I had to throw it out so I only had half, i liked it that much. I didn’t want to get a tummy ache we still had a lot planned that day.
4. My brothers In and out burger.
5. Our last meal in LA. This was at the Chili’s in LAX. IT was very good but spicy. It was chicken with broccoli from the light and fit menu.
1. The first night In LA we were a little tired from the early flight (our flight left 7:00 am EST, so we left out house at 4:30 Est) and didn’t want to venture far. So we went to this place called the Water Grill right across the street from the hotel. The door men said it was the best seafood in town and he was not kidding. After looking at the reviews on Urbanspoon after dinner, many said that. Anyway From the outside it did not look fancy but it was and the prices reflected that. We did not care though because we planned on one fancy dinner so this was it. It started with bread. I never touch bread at restaurants but it smelt good and I was hungry. It was good so i am glad I had half of this.
2. My dinner meal. It was amazing. It was wild pacific swordfish, charcoal grilled with wilted swiss chard and braised huckleberries. I have never had huckleberries but they were great. This was a perfect meal. I also had a side of roasted winter vegetables.
3. The second night we went to Blue Palms Brewhouse. Since we were at a brewhouse I enjoyed a beer. This was there American Brown Ale. I liked it.
4. My dinner. I had blackened tofu with veggies. The tofu was very spicy. Good but spicy.
5. My brother ordered calamri to start with. It was not bad. It was not like we were used too but it was good, also a little spicy.
6. Bar nuts. I have always wanted bar nuts but the thought of everyone touching them grossed me out so when I had the opportunity to order my very own I took it. It was great. They had a great taste.
7. My brother had a burger with fries. They gave him so many fries. Which was fine for me because I got to have a couple.
8. After the grammy’s we were starving so we ordered room service while we changed. They were very quick, like 10 minutes. I had a steak salad. I havent had stake in a while and this hit the spot.
This trip also included lots of stops at Starbucks. What can I say I love my dry soy cappuccinos. Now this is not all I had the whole time I was there. I did have a couple of snacks on the plane and while walking around. This is just the meals I remembered to take pictures of.
1. I had desert every night. babycakes used to be right downtown but they moved but lucky me they had this place called Artisan House that sold their baked goods. So the first night I bought a couple of things. I bought a maple donut, brownie packages, and I got a soy cappuccino at Starbucks.
2. The brownie from babycakes. It was so great. I loved it. My brother loved it too. He said you would never know its vegan.
3. The maple donut. THIS WAS INCREDIBLE! The minute I opened the package you smelt that maple. I tasted it and my taste buds were in heaven. I have found my new favorite desert.
4. The next night had a powdered sugar blueberry donut which was equally amazing.
5. My brother had homemade ice cream from the hotel and I had one little bite and it tasted really good. Very creamy.
6. I bought one more babycakes maple donut for the plane ride. I had it with a side of decaf so I could dunk. The day before was the first time I dunked in my coffee and I am a fan. It made the coffee taste really good.
Well there you have it. LA eats. I will be back soon with my trip recap. Has anyone visited those places before?
Until next time
This trip also included lots of stops at Starbucks. What can I say I love my dry soy cappuccinos. Now this is not all I had the whole time I was there. I did have a couple of snacks on the plane and while walking around. This is just the meals I remembered to take pictures of.
I hope everyone is having a great weekend. I am enjoying my last weekend of freedom. Sadly I start school this week. To say I am looking forward to it would be a complete lie. It is my last semester at St. John’s University and I am sad about that but I am ready to move on and start law school in the fall. I am done with school and don’t have much desire to finish honestly, but I am not a quitter and I am so close so I will stick it out for a bit longer. Anyway to move on. One of my personal goals this year not mentioned in my new years post is to read more books. I enjoy books and they relax me. So I am going to try and read two a month. I think that is manage with school. I would like more but between work, school, and Karate it is not piratical. Geeze I sound so grown up, when did that happen? Anyway I am rambling again. So like I was saying I plan to read more books. So I decided to start with the Hunger Games Series. It is huge right now and I want to know what all the fuss is about.
Overview (from Barnes and Noble)
In the ruins of a place once known as North America lies the nation of Panem, a shining Capitol surrounded by twelve outlying districts. The Capitol is harsh and cruel and keeps the districts in line by forcing them all to send one boy and one girl between the ages of twelve and eighteen to participate in the annual Hunger Games, a fight to the death on live TV. Sixteen-year-old Katniss Everdeen, who lives alone with her mother and younger sister, regards it as a death sentence when she is forced to represent her district in the Games. But Katniss has been close to dead before-and survival.
I actually was a little hesitant to read this book because I did not know what to expect with all the hype so I approached with caution. The beginning kind of reminded be on Anthem by Ayn Rand because of the way the world is now. At the start it was kind of predictable. I figured Katniss would get in the games to protect her family, it just seems like the logical way. I liked the build up the games and the preparation. I read through that very fast because I was anxious to see what came next. Once the games actually started I have to say I was a little disappointed. It is not like I wanted to read about blood shed the whole time but I expected this to be an adventure not her hiding out the whole time. I knew there were more books so I knew that she most likely would live but I still wanted an adventure and excitement I wanted to worry about Katniss but honestly I didn’t. I did not really feel connected to the character. There was something lacking I felt. The only time I felt for her was when she was trying to stay alive with Peeta. Also when Katniss kills another child in the arena, we always feel that he really deserved it. He was dangerous. When Katniss begins to like one of her opponents and frets over the “one of us is going to have to kill the other” situation, the other character is killed off by one of the bad guys. Glad we didn’t have to face that one. How convenient. To me it was like taking the easy way out. Not necessarily bad but just not what I was expecting going in. Now the ending I saw coming for a mile away. I knew that they would stay together and win and that it would lead into the next book causing them some issues. I was surprised that something did not happen at the winning ceremonies but for the most part predictable.
I wanted more from this book. I really wanted to get the hype but just couldn’t. Maybe the build up was too much I don’t know. I still plan to read the other two but I am a little disappointed so far. On the plus side it is an easy read so you can get through them quickly. Would I recommend this book to a friend? Yes but with caution so the friend knows what to expect of the book.
How is everyone. TGIF! I am so happy this week has come to a close. It was a crazy week. Work was stressful. I am very grateful that the weekend is here and I get to relax a bit. So anyway I saw this on A Dash of Meg and thought that this was a great idea. She does it on Thursdays but Fridays is much better for me schedule wise so I am going with that. I really like this post because I think it is important to really take a step back and notice why our life is so great and what we are thankful for.
**NOTE** I meant to publish this yesterday but was having some computer problems so I guess I didn’t schedule it right. So act as if its Friday**
Friday January 4th- I am thankful for visiting my friend Ashley and just being able to hang out and bake cookies. Time goes so quickly when I am visiting her. She lives about an hour and half so I try and visit once a month but with the holidays and the hurricane I haven’t been able to see her so it was nice to visit again. It makes me realize how much I miss her. We found a great recipe that we could all enjoy and just spent time baking. Everyone agreed that they were great. Her mom had about 6 and I lost count with how many her boyfriend had. I know I had four they were so good. That Katie sure knows her stuff. Sorry no pictures. We were too busy having fun and eating them.
Saturday January 5th- I am thankful for my dad. This was his birthday and I was thankful I got to spend time with him. I am very close to my family.
Sunday January 6th- I am thankful for Church and being able to play Wii with my sister. My pastor gave a great sermon about family and it really made me think. I love the services that have great meanings. As for playing Wii with my sister it was great because we played just dance 4 and just had a blast.
Monday January 7th- My Strong legs. My strong legs help me in kickboxing and kick down all the bags with strong power.
Tuesday January 8th- I am thankful I did not mess up the nunchuck drill in karate. I might have hit myself in the face a million times during the practice drill (they were rubber nun chucks thankfully) but when it was my groups turn to do it before the head master we did not mess up once. That made my night.
Wednesday January 9th- I am thankful for after a huge stressful day at work coming home and having dinner with my dad to relax. It was nice to have dinner with someone to unwind. work killed me that day and it was crazy. I really needed that step back to relax before karate or I might have killed someone that night lol
Thursday January 10th- I got to work with a stack of paperwork and 21 task and then the office manager tells me the receptionist is sick so everyone is taking an hour to pinch in. Right then and there I wanted to just freak so i could get everything I needed done but I took a deep breath and just did the best I could. I am thankful that I was able to relax and take a step back and do what I can. I was able to leave with half the folder done and only 17 task, 4 of which I am just waiting for paperwork. It was a great feeling. I kept saying its the little things in life.
Until next time-Ashley
What are you thankful for this week?
How is everyone today? Happy WIAW! Thank Jenn for hosting this. Today I thought I do a little book review for you and show you my eats from yesterday, Tuesday. Sound good? Good.
No time to snap a picture at work. I had 2 celery stalks and like 4 baby carrots with 2tbs lentil Hummus. Told you I love this stuff. I also had a couple of chocolate covered raisins when I got home from work. My mom leaves them out which is dangerous lol. I figure a couple wont kill me since I eat so well during the day. Balance am I right.
Merry Christmas Alex Cross by James Patterson
I am horrible at giving summaries without spoiling the book so here it is from James Patterson’s website.
“It’s Christmas Eve and Detective Alex Cross has been called out to catch someone who’s robbing his church’s poor box. That mission behind him, Alex returns home to celebrate with Bree, Nana, and his children. The tree decorating is barely underway before his phone rings again—a horrific hostage situation is quickly spiraling out of control. Away from his own family on the most precious of days, Alex calls upon every ounce of his training, creativity, and daring to save another family. Alex risks everything—and he may not make it back alive on this most sacred of family days. Alex Cross is a hero for our time, and never more so than in this story of family, action, and the deepest moral choices. MERRY CHRISTMAS, ALEX CROSS will be a holiday classic for years to come.”
I am a fan of James Patterson so I had high hopes for this book and it did not disappoint. I was a little taken aback at first when Alex Cross seemed a little different. I have read many of the old Alex Cross novels so I expected him to be like what I remembered but Apparently Patterson revamped the series because of the movie so the character was changed and made to be younger. So I felt I lost the connection a bit to the character I use to know but this book still provided great suspense nun the less and really made me forget all that very quickly. The main thing I loved about this book was that there was two cases so it wasn’t the same case the whole time. I was worried about that actually for a bit. I was like the story is good but will get boring and have me screaming “get to the point” about half way through. Instead it had me go “what?This case is over now what’s the rest of this book about?” So I liked that. This book is also an easy read. It’s not complicated to get through at all. Also the chapters ate short which I like because I like to read before bed and hate to stop halfway through a chapter. another great factor is the fast pace of the book. As I said the chapters are short so things love quickly. All in all it’s a great book for anyone who is a Paterson or suspense fan who doesn’t want a complicated mystery but just wants to be along for the ride.
Take away points
-not Alex cross you remember
-still provides great suspense alex cross novels are known for
-easy quick read.
Until next time-Ashley
Has anyone read this before it any of the Alex Cross novels?
Well it’s a new year. I am so ready for this. I plan for so many things this year ahead. I always say that you shouldn’t wait until the new year to do things but I see things differently now. Resolutions are not waiting for a change its just a great place to start and a time to make you re assess your life and goals. It a great time to say hey where am I now and assess how far you have come. Sometimes in this busy life we keep going with everyday life and we don’t look around us. So that’s what I’m taking for this year. I even set goals this year. Each are very important and I want to do all. I want to make these commitments to myself because I feel it is so important to always better yourself and know who you are and honestly since I’ve lost my weight I’ve had to get to know this new person and I’m still trying to understand her and how the old fits in as well. So here are my goals, clearly explained as well.
1. I want to be closer to God- I don’t really talk about my faith on here and I don’t necessarily plan to make it the main topic but I plan to have God apart of my life. I really want to work on my relationship with God. We have had a rocky past with me turning my back on Him but I don’t want that anymore. I see that he loves us and is there for us even when we cannot see it. I want to read from the bible everyday and talk to Him. He has helped me so much and sees what’s important in life. I am grateful for Him accepting me back and I look forward to being with Him more.
2. Better in Karate- I don’t want to many health goals but I have some that better me and karate is one of them. I have been doing Kickboxing since May and I was asked to join karate in January and January is here so I am starting. I feel like I’ve found something I’m good at and I want to Practice this and get better at it. It is a great hobby to have and I’m happy to bag found this outlet. Also I love finding a workout that I enjoy. It is so much better then being on a elliptical for an hour bored too tears. I will be doing Kickboxing Monday and Wednesday and Karate Tuesday and Saturday (and Thursday if I don’t have school) so I will only have to do boring cardio 1-2 days a week. I say a win for me!
3. Increase Overall fitness to become stronger- I want to get stronger and better in fitness and improve my body and that does not necessarily mean weight related. It means making sure my body is happy and healthy and if I could get more muscles in the process then awesome! But it is no longer going to be an obsession. Also I think Karate will aid in this.
4. Go gluten free and eat cleanly- I want to try and go gluten free. I know it’s not crazy bad for you but it is also not great for you and I think it will help with some stomach issues I have. After seeing other doctors I will find out if this is a actual issue I have or my body just response better without it. Also by eating clean I mean I want to stay away from allergy food such as diary and eggs. Although I like foods with that my body does not and I want to only have foods that make me feel good.
5. Stop stressing over everything- I stress way to much and I need to relax. I need to clam down. It’s not good for my health. I stress over everything including food, fitness, school, work, what others think of me and honestly it is my worth it. I need to relax and stay on this ride of life good or bad and take it for what it is.
6. Keep journaling everyday- I need to do this for at least 15 min everyday. If that’s all I can do great and put down some feelings I have. It will help to write things down. If I can write more great but I think journaling will help with the stress issue. I know I always feel better. It is a great way to let things out without talking to people because I don’t have the easiest time talking to people. So far I have done this every night except Friday night because I came home way to late and I chose sleep.
7. Sort out health issues- I need to make sure I book appointments with doctors that I need to see and trust them and do what is necessary to finally get healthy. Because regardless of everything else no period (sorry any guys reading) for almost two years is not ok and something needs to be done.
8. Try and do yoga everyday but don’t stress if cant- I want to try and do yoga daily but sometimes it doesn’t fit in and if I try then I stress which takes away from the whole point of yoga. So I plan to try and fit in in daily if i can. I didn’t fit it in at all yet so I am on to a great start right? It’s ok though because there are many other opportunities to do Yoga. There is 365 days in the year. I know Yoga helps with stress on the body so I would like to add it to my routine.
9. Sleep- I want to be better at getting sleep. Many times I don’t sleep enough and I need to try. I need to commit myself to 7 ½ hours. I would like 8 but I am realistic and know that I won’t do that so I have to do as much as I can. Because I will stress about getting sleep then not be able to sleep so I am determined to do what I can. Do you see a pattern about the stress? Yea I should just change my name form Ashley to stress.
10. Get off to law school in a good start- this is self explanatory. I will start law school fall 2013 so I want to start law school strong to stay on track the rest of the time.
11. Tear down idols and reflect on how they become idols- I need to see what is taking center stage and if its not important then tear it down with proper action. I know healthy living is so I just need to plan an attack to tear it down. I know it won’t be easy but anything worth fighting for is not easy. I will right more on this I have a plan of action. For healthy living I plan to delete more and more blogs that make me want to focus more on it and instead find other outlets to read so I don’t venture back to them.
12. Most importantly I want to be present in everyday and participate in daily life. I want to participate and enjoy the moments and don’t let life go by. I want to participate instead of hiding behind my phone or camera taking picture. Instead I want to be In the pictures and that is going to happen. I want to enjoy the little moments, the moments joking with friends while we back cookies and not care about the world because we are having such an amazing time.
Those are my goals for this Amazing Year to Come. Please share some of yours.
Until Next Time-Ashley
I hope everyone is having a great day and having a great start to 2013. I am starting off on a happy note despite being sick. I am even too sick to attend my beloved Cardio Kickboxing class. Oh well sometimes you have to give in and take the rest your body needs. So that’s my plan for today. It is definitely hard to do for sure. I love being active and I don’t know what to do with me time otherwise lol. But anyway on to the good Stuff because its WIAW! Thank Jenn for hosting this. For this WIAW I thought it would be the perfect time to reflect on my goals of last year and see if I reached them with of course sharing my eats from yesterday.
1. Be more honest with yourslef- I think I have done a good job with this. I am still getting to know myself more and more and I have been doing my best to be honest as I move through situaitons. It is not always easy to stare the truth in the face but I do what I can.
I have been craving Waffles so I whipped out the waffle Iron and adapted this recipe.
Chickpea Pumpkin Spice Waffles
1/2 cup chickpea flour + 2tbs of chickpea flour
3/4 cup of Almond Milk
1 teaspoon of Lemon Juice
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1/3 cup of pumpkin puree
1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon of Flax seeds
Mix wet (including pumpkin) and drink in separate bowls then combine the wet to the dry then cook waffles to Iron instructions.
These waffles are great and a healthy alternative. For only 343 calories you can have these 4 big waffles and so satisfying and filling.
2. A better relationship with food- This one is still a work in progress. I am getting better but I do fear some foods and sometimes I order think food situations but it gets better as I move forward and I no longer measure everything all the time. I was even measuring lettuce at one point so I think I have come a long way. And also during the holidays I let my food rules slide a little, something that I have not been able to do for a while. I had plenty of deserts lol.
3. Enjoy Life- I have been doing this a lot. I go out when I can and do not turn down an invitation unless I have to for school reasons or other obligations. I had a great 2012 and enjoyed life to the fullest. I do not regret much.
4. Do More New York-er Things- this was yes and no. I did do more New York-er things. I biked around NYC many times, went to Governors Island, walked all over Manhattan with a friend and Central park and spent many nights walking around Manhattan. I didn’t go to many Vegan restaurants like I wanted to but hey there is only so many things I can fit into one day of the weekend.
5. Tone Up- I think I made progress.I am not where I wanted to totally be but I know I am much stronger and that is a win to me.
All in all I think I did pretty good with my resolutions. Check back Friday for my post on my goals and hopes for 2013!
Until Next Time- Ashley
Did you all get everything you wanted out of 2012?
How is everyone today? I cannot believe it is the last day of 2012! What a year this has been. Sorry for being MIA lately. I have been enjoying the holiday and being around my family so blogging has taken a back seat. I thought for today i would show you some of the holiday festivities I have been up too through some writing and some pictures. I will be back again probably for WIAW then Friday for my 2012 recap and what I want from 2013, not really resolutions just what I want from the year ahead.
So my Christmas festivities started off with some parties. I did not photograph them because I made it a point to be present and not hid behind a camera. I had Three parties for Christmas total, which was great for me because normally I am a hermit and don’t go to parties. I made it a point this year to change things and three parties I would say does just that. My first party was for Transportation Alternatives. I am a member and this was a party for members. I recommend checking them out. They fight for safer streets around NYC for everyone. The party was held at Brooklyn Brewery which is located in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. First off let me tell you I am not a fan of this area. If anyone wants to see hipster after hipster then please go there. I felt it was like fake Manhattan. I have always heard good things about this area but sadly I felt out of place. I guess I am a Manhattan lover through and through and the fake stuff just wont do lol. AnyoneThey had finger food, which I was a little upset about since the party was at dinner time I thought I would have some real food. It was all made ok by the free beer offered. I am not a beer drinker but I thought hey I am at a brewery I have to try their beer. I am glad I did. This was the best beer I ever had. My dad and I liked it so much we bought a couple of cases the next day at stores so we could have around the holidays.
My next party was at this new place in Staten Island called Above. Click that link to see some amazing pictures of this place. It was for my office. They did such a nice job with the party. Above was beautiful and did a nice job with the food. They served everything appetizers style so everyone could try everything. They had pizza, sushi, shrimp, calamari, chicken, stake, and so much more. Desert was fired cheesecake (which was amazing, yes I tried it with my food allergies, the name intrigued me) and mini creme brulee. I missed the stake and chicken because I was hanging out at the bar with some of my co workers. It was also open bar. I managed to sneak one picture because I though. I thought this presentation was so cool!
My Third party was at Crown Palace here in Staten Island. Chinese food is right up my alley. This party was for my Kickboxing/Karate Studio Dragon Kim’s Karate USA. It was suck a nice party. For $20 it was all you could eat, free soda (which I didn’t have, I preferred a drink lol), and a DJ. It was great. I danced all night. It was nice to hang out with everyone outside of the studio. It was a great party and actually my favorite of the three.
CHRISTMAS TREE CHOPPING
Saturday December 15th was probably my absolute favorite day of the year and Christmas Season. We went to go pick our tree and chop it down ourselves. I have always wanted to do this and my dad said then why not. So I found a place online in a little town called Peapack NJ. We went to this place called Dower Farm. We were a little taken back because everyone waves hello to you as you drive by and says hello on the street. As New Yorkers, we are not used to this lol. When we went there we did not see one tree that was good. I was so sad. Then the guy said there is another tree farm 15 minutes from here and gave us the address and mapquest directions. I thought that was so nice. They were giving a competitors farm so we could find a tree. It reminded me of a my favorite Christmas Movie, Miracle on 34th Street when Santa send them to other stores. So we went there. As we were driving there we saw so many beautiful homes. This town was so cute, I loved it. When we got there I knew we would find our tree. We went to the Hidden Pond Christmas Tree Farm. They had really nice trees. We found our tree pretty quickly.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f63l7VSUuxQ Click that link to watch the video of my dad chopping down our tree.
After copping our tree down we had some Hot chocolate and roasted marshmallows. I loved this part. It felt so Christmasy. I was over the moon.
After this we wondered the town a bit so to enjoy the day. We went to a thrift store, a wine store and then a bakery where we enjoyed some pastries that were amazing and people watched. Everyone says hello and waves and knows each other. It was a great feeling.
We then looked at the cars at Rob Francis and walked around the cute park.
We then went home to put up our tree. After this we got my grandma and took her to dinner at Red Lobster then to see Christmas lights. She loved it, she is still talking about it lol
It was such a great day. I loved that I got to go to a small town and visit and spend the day with my family. I thought it was so cool to see a town like you see in the movies. I fell in love with this town. I could see myself living in a town like that one day.
CHRISTMAS EVE AND CHRISTMAS
I did not really take any pictures these two days, I really wanted to enjoy the time with my family. On Christmas Eve I worked in the morning and was so bored. Nothing was happening, I played about 10 games of solitaire 5 of hearts and 5 spider solitaire and at one point we all played poker and rummy together. Very productive. At 3 I ran out of there and on my way home to make cookies. After that I went to my aunts and half my family was there and we were telling stories from the past and about how we are excited for the future. It was a good night. The downside was I ate way to much to fast and some things that I have food allergies too so I was not feeling good for a while. After laughing with my family I felt better but it was a ruff two hours. Note to self, never again!
When I got home that night I watched a Flintstones Christmas Carol. I did not watch my usual It’s a Wonderful Life because I could not find it Some things were moved away when we fixed up after the hurricane so It got put somewhere else. It was ok though because I was tired so a shorter movie worked. I went to bed then awaited Christmas morning. Christmas morning was glorious. We woke up and opened presents slowly. My mom loved her gift, a weekend getaway at a vineyard she was so happy. My sister loved her too, Lady Gaga Tickets, and my dad loved his Brooklyn Nets tickets for the whole family. I got some nice things too and lots that would be too long to mention. I have great parents. Then I made breakfast. Gingerbread Protein Pancakes which turned out great. After this I had a workout then got ready and picked on a snack before dinner. After this everyone game over and spent time. They all left a little early because they knew we had work the next day. That was the sad part. I went to bed around 1 and Christmas was sadly over
Tonight I have plans to go to a family friends house and spend the day. I am looking forward to spending New Years at a party. Be safe everyone See you in 2013!
Until Next Time-Ashley